DAS workers have a tentative contract that looks pretty good, especially when you compare it to what OUS is trying to stick us with. See the announcement for the details, and this story from our local paper, the Register Guard. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to get something very similar, if we stick together and support our bargaining team!
SEIU 503 highlights some of the key features of the DAS contract in the link above, reproduced here as well for easy reference:
- Holding the line on 5% premium share, plus a pathway to a 3% premium share in 2015
- Maintaining the low-wage worker and part-time worker healthcare subsidies
- Cost-of-living raises of 1.5% effective Dec. 1, 2013 and 2% effective Dec. 1, 2014
- End step freeze
- No changes to the 6% pick-up
- An end to furloughs
- Healthy workplace improvements, including trauma training, a statewide healthy workplace committee, and enforcement options to address bullying.