Stories included in this issue:
- Local 085 Officer Elections: We’re electing a new group of officers for two year terms and we need everyone to get involved.
- Candidate Fair: Come hear the union candidate presentations at the March 12, 2014 Local meeting at Noon in the EMU Ben Linder room. Lunch provided.
- Four pages of candidate statements!
- OUS Negotiator meets with UO Employees: Members asked Brian Caufield, the OUS Chief Negotiator, tough questions about funding for steps, incorrect budget information regarding future steps, misleading OUS bargaining web posts and the classification system overhaul.
- UO Members Tell Legislators We Need our Steps Funded: We’ve had positive responses from meetings with legislators Val Hoyle, Chris Edwards, Phil Barnhart (and on Saturday, Feb 22, with Nancy Nathanson and Floyd Prozanski) about the $1.15 million needed for the regional campuses to ensure annual steps are made whole for everyone.
- GTFF Bargaining Update: The Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation is currently in bargaining with the UO administration. Some of the issues on the table are a living wage to cover basic living expenses and adding major dental coverage.
- SEIU/OUS Article 61 – Education, Training and Development: The Employer is contractually obligated to provide promotional and career development counseling. Employees are encouraged to contact Chris Lonigan in Human Resources for assistance.
- Strike Hardship Fund Committee raised almost $400 at their Valentine’s Day bake sale.