Join the Contact Action Team. Be a leader in your work site by sharing union news with the people you work with. Collect their feedback to guide the union bargaining team.
The responsibilities are minimal, and it’s a great way to support and protect yourself and the people you work with. Involve your co-workers—more than one CAT can collaborate to organize people in a work site.
- Communicate important union information to people you work with in person, via email and printed fliers that we supply.
- Distribute printed fliers that we supply to work sites and bulletin boards. You can pick them up during the monthly CAT meeting.
- Update bulletin work site bulletin boards.
- Forward the feedback your co-workers give you to Chief Contact Lois Yoshishige or Chief Bargaining Delegate Johnny Earl
- Connect people you work with who have questions or need help with union leaders. Follow-up with your co-worker to ensure they connect to the right resources.
- Help people become union members; help them complete registration and deliver it to Membership Organizer Gary Malone.
- Encourage people who are classified workers to attend union actions.
- Host meetings during bargaining to update people you work with about the status of negotiations and gather their feedback to guide union bargaining leaders.
Become a CAT, contact action team member
Please contact Lois Yoshishige to get started.
541 346 1251