CAT = Contract Action Team
By Lois Yoshishige, SEIU 085 Chief Cat
For over 30 years, the members of SEIU Sub-local 085 have fought to build our jobs at the University of Oregon into good jobs. We have fought for respect, our pay, our benefits and our job security.
Our Contract Action Team (CAT-organizing Committee) is the backbone for our power on the ground, and a strong CAT team has a very important role to keep our membership connected, engaged and involved. Especially during Bargaining, it is especially important that we build our “ground game” to get word out in our worksites around campus. Join me in this exciting and rewarding action to build Union solidarity in our workplace!
As a CAT, you will:
- Listen to and build consensus with your co-workers
- Lead (stay in weekly contact) with 5-8 co-workers
- Attend monthly CAT meetings (1st Wednesday of every month)
- Attend monthly Membership Meetings (2nd Wednesday of every month)
- Bring your co-workers to monthly Membership Meetings
- Participate and lead co-workers in actions to support Local 085 to WIN a good contract
Volunteer today! Please contact Lois Yoshishige, Chief CAT at email@example.com or (541) 517-3436