The Oregon Legislature has approved a $35 million program to provide financial relief to Oregonians who may have experienced an economic hardship due to COVID-19. Oregon is partnering with the private sector to deliver one-time, $500 emergency relief payments.
You may be eligible for this payment if you:
- Are a current resident of Oregon.
- Can prove your identity.
- Are experiencing severe financial hardship due to the Governor’s Executive orders 20-07 or 20-12 or indirectly hardship due to the orders.
- These are the ‘Stay Home, Save Lives’ orders that closed many restaurants and personal services to slow the spread of COVID-19. Many sectors – like personal transportation services – were indirectly affected by the orders and may have resulted in a loss of income.
- Earned $4,000/month or less pre-tax prior to your income loss due to COVID-19.
- Are NOT current on your unemployment payments:
- Current means you have received all payments for weeks claimed except for the current claim week. Applicants should count base payments for traditional Unemployment Insurance and the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program – not the $600 enhanced payment that ended July 31, 2020. Do not count your waiting week to determine whether or not you are current.
- You may be eligible if you never applied for or were denied unemployment.
- You may be eligible if you are not current on unemployment benefits but have since returned to work.
Providing false statements may subject you to repayment of any benefit received.
How to Apply
To apply, you can go to any website of the financial institutions listed here to learn how they are accepting applications. Each institution handles applications slightly differently, so please check before you go. If you meet the qualifications, the financial institution will: verify your identity, take your information down so you cannot reapply at another branch or financial institution, and the payment will be made the same day. For your convenience, you can download the application form, which is available in four languages:
Application Form (pdf)
|Financial Institution||Website for More Information||Participating Branches|
|Central Willamette Credit Union||https://www.centralwcu.org/covid-19-relief-program||Central Willamette – Branches (pdf)|
|Clackamas Federal Credit Union||https://www.clackamasfcu.org/||Clackamas Federal – Branches (pdf)|
|Columbia Bank||http://www.columbiabank.com/ORrelief||Columbia Bank – Branches (pdf)|
|InRoads Credit Union||https://www.inroadscu.org/emergency-relief/||InRoads – Branches (pdf)|
|Old West Federal Credit Union||https://www.oldwestfcu.org/||Old West – Branches (pdf)|
|OnPoint Community Credit Union||https://www.onpointcu.com/oregon-emergency-relief||OnPoint Community – Branches (pdf)|
|Oregon Community Credit Union||https://www.myoccu.org/assist||Oregon Community – Branches (pdf)|
|Rogue Credit Union||https://www.roguecu.org/covid-19
||Rogue – Branches (pdf)|
|SELCO Community Credit Union||https://www.selco.org/||SELCO Community – Branches (pdf)|
|Umpqua Bank||http://www.umpquabank.com/oregonassistance||Umpqua Bank – Branches (pdf)|
If you need telephone assistance, please dial 2-1-1 to find a branch nearest you.